Saturday, March 10, 2012

What Gamma Phi Means To Me...



What Gamma Phi Beta Means to ME


I find myself at a loss for words 
when people say to me
“What is it that makes you so fond
of your sorority?”
It’s not the priceless pin of gold
with pearls I wear with pride,
it’s more the special love I’ve found
that I always have inside.
My sisters who are always there,
whether near or far,
the thrill I have when I see the moon
in a sky with brilliant stars.
The bond I have with every girl
who wears our letters three,
the knowledge of the tradition great
that has been passed down to me. 
The Creed that has illuminated
how to live a life of grace,
the ideals of our founders,
which transcend time and space.
The deeper meaning shown to me
of our crest and symbols rare,
the crescent, the lamp, the book and flowers,
the brown and mode we wear. 
The friendships started in my youth
which continue to this day,
the sisters I have yet to meet,
all who help me on my way. 
The knowledge I am a part of something
which has endured, and will,
something I can pass down to generations unborn,
a legacy that will always thrill.
To those who know the joy divine
found in our sisterhood,
no words are needed, none can suffice,
although I wish they would.
To those who have yet to know
what sisterhood can be
I wish you love, I wish you all
that Gamma Phi has meant to me.

What does Gamma Phi Beta mean to you?


XOXO,
Your Beloved Crescent Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment